Ginger Brandy Cheesecake
There is nothing quite like a tasty ginger cake as autumn progresses into winter. Ginger is such a powerful, versatile medicinal root. It has been used for centuries in Chinese herbal medicine. Amongst other things, it aids the cure of colds and nausea, helps boost healthy circulation and eases muscular aches and pains -
- It is also a magnificent culinary companion, warming and comforting.
This recipe is adapted from the Moosewood Cookbook by Mollie Katzen
- 2 Cups of crumbled Ginger biscuits
- 5 Tbs of melted butter
- Mix together well and firmly press into the base of a 10inch spring cake tin.
- 12oz of cream cheese
- 1 and 1/2 cups of natural yoghurt
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup of Brandy
- 1/4 of AVA Ginger Spice Syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180º
- Mix everything together until smooth and taste to adjust the sweetness.
- Pour onto the base and Bake for 40/50 minutes, or until the middle is firm to the touch and the cake is slightly brown.
- Let the cake cool before removing it from the tin.
Usually during the months of late autumn and winter I have discovered that all it takes to satisfy and calm me, is to turn my hands to something tangible and healing - Helping to prepare my body and mind for the quiet dark months of hibernation. This often happens in the heat, comfort and coziness of the kitchen, as in this case.