Things of interest that have grabbed my attention. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- Such an interesting article - Plants, their intelligence and memory. Richard Maybey talks about his new book: The Cabaret of Plants.
- Why not try planting a flower clock this spring?
- Seed Savers Exchange recently planted over 600,000 seeds in the global seed vault in Norway. Svalbard the Norwegian seed vault was established in 2008 by the Norwegian government, to protect and store heirloom seed samples from around the world.
- What does sustainable living mean to you?
- Bitter flavours are good for us - Don't eliminate them from your diet, embrace them!
- I'll be busy this month preparing for the Galway Food Festival you will find me and my mini shop at the Spanish Arch market over the duration of the festival and on Easter Sunday in Coffee Werk & Press, where I will be pairing and playing with my syrups along with their new Cold Brew Coffee!
- To celebrate National Tree Week (6th-13th March) check out this gallery of leaves found on native Irish trees.
- Beautiful Death Valley super blooms.
- Environmental artists are creating 'land art'. Works that use nature as the key medium.
- Sip and Sew, I really like the sound of this!
The signs of spring are all around these days. An awakening and arising is upon us, the buds are bursting and the sap rising - It's so exciting to see the new colour emerging once again on the landscape. For me spring symbolises fresh new beginnings, vibrancy, clarity and a time to cleanse.
The new energy of spring offers subtle changes on the breeze - You have to be open and intuitive to them. It is the energy that you feel deep within you, the light, the nourishment and growth, we are after all, not that different to the plants that feed and fuel us daily.