Each Friday (or therabouts)! I will endeavor to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- Mary Robinson, yet again tells it, as it is - 'We are running out of time to save the world'.
- The importance of family farming on food security for the future.
- If you are planning on preserving some of that summer and autumnal fayre, you should find these facts and fictions on food preservation useful.
- ONE word ONE spice - TUMERIC
- Just in time - before we bid farewell to September!
- Peru, food and eating out of an earthen brick - The future of gastronomy.
- Breakfast is, without a doubt, my favourite meal of the day, so I was delighted to come across this during the week, more yummy breakfast ideas.
- There is something nostalgic and magical about old cinema's and picture houses - These beautiful examples from southern India brought a bright smile to my face.
- Apples - I have loads of them this year, and they are delicious - Oh what to do with them all? I'm thinking apple brandy definitely and have some other apple infusions on the go, I'm liking some of these apple ideas too.
I was minus a laptop since last Thursday, a new battery and hinge later, all is tip top on the cyber front. For anyone who might be contemplating putting a protective case on their laptop - DON"T, it will f*&) up your hinges and cost €140 to fix!
Anyway - In other news we had a mighty birthday party last week and will be having another one, this time, Feichín will be celebrating his three years on earth with us, this Wednesday - More cake - YAY.
I am heading down to DIngle on Friday morning with my traveling Apothecary, so will hopefully have plenty of tales to tell afterwards - I'm sooo looking forward to meeting new people, eating, drinking and being the mistress of my fortune.
- If I wasn't go to Dingle though, I would definitely be raising the sails, casting off the main line and setting the course for here.