Each Friday (or therabouts)! I will endeavor to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- I was at the beach this week, when home, I came across these amazing lamps that are made out of sand.
- If you have 30 minutes to spare, watch this video. It is all about the Gamo people in the African Rift Valley and how they view the world. Ten thousand years of sustainable farming in a densely populated rural area. Shot in Ethiopia, New York and Kenya - A Thousand Suns.
- Native American cuisine
- For all things herbal, try to get your hands on this book.
- ...And another video, this time all about funding female farmers.
- For those of you who are going to Electric Picnic, be sure to check out Theatre Of Food.
- I came across this Blog during the week 'Wild Foods and Medicine' - well worth checking out.
- How to build a winter greenhouse - So that you can Grow It Yourself all year round!
- A transportable modular house - Yes please.
- Origin Green Ireland - Darina Allen spells out the importance of sustainable food and farming in Ireland.
- Richard Register's visions of Eco Cities.
I have been thinking a lot these days about mindfulness and about the daily trails of trying to juggle several projects (including family) at once. I have never been in the position before of working for myself or of trying to do this from home - Sometimes I find it all quite challenging.
Trying to feel a sense of achievement in your professional life, whilst undertaking it all in the midsts of your personal life and space It is not always easy.
The key of course is BALANCE - The task is how to develop ways and methods to balance parallel or multiple tasks - So far I have discovered:
- All are inextricably linked - trying to pretend they are not leaves your head in a muddle!
- Organise - So that you are able to distinguish between practices.
- Plan - In order to get started and carry out your creative cravings with some semblance of order.
- Passion - You have to believe in what you are doing and have confidence in your ideas. DO IT, don't wait around for everything to fit into place by itself!
- Focus - Or you won't be able to do anything!
- Set Goals - Weekly, monthly, annual and even 5 year goals, create a vision of where you want to go, this certainly helps me.
- Learn to say no - Be aware that you can NOT do everything.
- Practice mindfulness and reflect - For me - Yoga.
Balance = Harmony.
*This is a work in progress