Each Friday (or therabouts)! I will endeavor to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- Peaches roasted in Amaretto - They sound so summery and delish and are definitely going on the menu in this house.
- A barbecue road trip anybody?
- I love these new illustrations that Rod Hunt has done for Ikea's Russian campaign - 10 fictional Ikea families from the 'zoo family' to the 'party family'.
- Why collaboration is key when it comes to feeding our planet without devastating the environment.
- Beers and liquor's made and seasoned with local harvest - from barley to basil to pears. "making alcohol was once the purview of farmers, monks and medicine men. Booze was local, and magic." - Reuniting farmers and fermenters.
- Tips for DIY dried foods.
- Its all a go here in Galway. The city is currently playing host to the 26th International Film Fleadh and next week will see the start of the Galway International Arts Festival - Yay festival season is here!
- For the weekend that is in it - 10 'best' Brazilian recipe's.
- You know in these days of cyberspace and social networks, how you have your 'on-line friends', that you have never actually met in 'real life' - Well yesterday I had the pleasure of bumping into and meeting 'for real' Cliondha, who developed and produces Breaking Eggs, A lovely idea of short programmes, that connect children to their food and where it comes from.
Here is hoping that this finds you and yours well on this Full Moon weekend - The Full Moon in Capricorn - Enjoy it's energy, soak it up and ride with it's tides.
A good weekend for keeping active and witching in the kitchen!