Each Friday, I will endeavor to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- Park & Slide in Bristol - A whole new way to travel, check out this 300ft water slide installed in Bristol last weekend!
- Creme brûlée is one of most favourite desserts, so of course, Yes Creme brûlée all day long.
- Yay France - On tuesday France banned with immediate effect the cultivation of GMO Corn.
- Do you think you make a fine brown bread and are in Ireland - Sheridans National Irish Brown Bread competition is ON!
- At the heart of sustainable clothing, is the investment in sustainable cotton and and the farmers who grow it in places like India. This means working with small farmers in co-operative's based on fairtrade and organic principles.
- Vote for the Observer ethical awards - Choose your favourite campaigner, retailer or local hero.
- The magic missing ingriedients for your sweet treats: Pepper, olive oil and salt to name but a few.
- I have been very busy these days trying to design labels for America Village Apothecary products - I came across this simple software and am finding it very helpful and oh so easy to use.
- I would be so happy if someone would open a shop like this in Galway - Come on, someone must be up for it...
- I'm hoping to invest in a food dehydrator, if you are thinking of the same thing - Find out all you need to know about food dehydrator's here.
Busy Busy Busy here these days planning, organising and preparing America Village Apothecary products to go to market. In between all the work, we are making time for some family fun. It has been great to have my mum around for advice and support, she has also furnished me with an old family recipe for 'Marrow Rum' - Details will follow!
The weather has been rotton - lots of rain and wind. So we have been fitting in lots of sewing (mum mainly) coffee sipping, cocktail tasting, recipe developing and wine drinking!
Have a great weekend.