Each Friday, I will endeavor to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- 6 easy herbs to grow from seed for your gardens!
- The way of the future: Smart streets and solar powered roads, they look great too.
- Do you buy too much - Are you a slave to consumerism? We all are in some way or another, it is time for us to stop and call a halt to mass consumption.
- Buy your food based on your values. "When you buy food, you’re buying more than what is in the can. You’re buying values. The values of the person who grows your food. The values of the person who transports it. And the values of the person who sells it to you" - Watch the video.
- The Burren Slow Food Festival is on this weekend in Co. Clare and this is on in Co.Mayo also check out Drop Everything on Inis Oírr - Yes, we are moving into festival season here in Ireland!
- Yay - The sale of organic food is on the rise.
- Do you use anti-bacterial soap? Minnesota in the USA has just become the first state to ban it - Read why.
- The month of May has certainly NOT been ice cream eating weather here on the west of Ireland but my fingers are firmly crossed for June and I might just have to try one or two of these.
- ...And whilst I'm on all things frozen, these Brown Butter Popsicles look inviting too.
- Seasonal Cocktail Recipes for using seasonal ingredient's - Yes Please.
Well, the weather is still miserable in America Village, I love the light in May and really haven't seen much of it this year. I have been trying to make the most of spending longer days indoors by experimenting and doing lots of research into all things Apothecary and by buying an item or two to wear.
For the past year or so I have made it my personal policy to buy only second hand clothes or if new, only ethically made items from small producers, Irish wherever possible. So I was delighted when I came across a few second hand vintage beauties in a local shop this past week. I bagged myself a fab Tori Richard wide legged trouser suit to brighten my days, inspiring me to believe that I am wandering around an exquisite Honolulu hotel, sun rays beaming through the open windows, as opposed to mi casa on the wet, windy west coast of Ireland -
Oh escapism - I'm off to cut up a pineapple, prepare a Pina Colada, put on my new outfit and watch South Pacific!