Each Friday, I will endeavor to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- The Cork Food Policy Council is an exciting new formation, that has a focus on creating a secure and sustainable food system within Cork City.
- As part of the new Cork initiative, the city is getting ready to 'Feed the City' on March 15th, in order to highlight food waste and sustainability issues.
- If you are like me and enjoy collecting small spring flowers and 'weeds', you too, will probably like these nice little vase's from the crew at Makers & Brothers.
- We have come to the conclusion in this house that the electric car is the only way forward for the weekly commute that Micheál has to make - At the moment we are looking at one of these as a possibility.
- 10 things you may not have known about Peat
- Food Tank have recently published a new report highlighting the importance of family farms - Not only are they feeding the world, but also nourishing the planet.
- What kind of a fool shoots dead one, of only two Irish bred White Tailed Eagles?!
- If I wasn't in the west of Ireland right now I would love to be wandering around the beautiful city of Austin whilst taking in SXSW.
- Check out these Dolphins and Whales in action, something to brighten up your Friday.
It's all a go here these days in Baile Mheiriceá - The Spring Clean bug is upon me - Oh yeas!
There is at the moment, what you might call an orderly chaos about the house that only I understand. Do you ever get that thing, that once you start clearing and cleaning one room, it suddenly spills into another and so on..? Well at the moment I think that I am on the last room.
I'm not sure if it is procrastination or a need for order, but I found that I reached the stage in my new business start up venture, whereby, in order to move on I needed organisation and order in the home - Very plausible I think, especially considering that I will be operating from home initially and I haven't even started on the outdoors area yet....
Ok, of to work I go, I will post some pictures of the newly spring cleaned chez Claire next week - this promise will surely help me get my s@*t together!