Each Friday, I will endeavor to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- If you have always fancied making a hanging garden with recycled bottles, here's your inspiration and how to.
- Six easy spring vegetables to grow.
- ...And guidelines on constructing your raised beds to plant them in!
- The 'borrowing' shop - A shop in Berlin without money, with over 500 members who loan and return items that they need - A not for profit shop that also acts as a community centre - Wow.
- It's great that our local woods - Clonbur/Cong woodlands have been nominated for this year's bio blitz. The Bio Blitz consists of the biological recording over a 24 hour period the amount of species evident within 4 key heritage sites.
- I'm totally enjoying the images on Residuetrail these days.
- True Cost Accounting - The truth behind cheap food. Watch this before you go shopping again / The same principle applies for clothes too by the way, think before your next visit to Penney's - How can they sell a top for a few euro - and still make a profit?
- Galway Food Festival is taking place over the easter weekend 17th - 21st April. The festival will bring together local producers and consumers and highlight the importance of knowing where your food comes from - Come on over.
- Another short video that also packs a strong punch - Sit up and listen people - The Circular Economy, 'What if the global economy worked like nature'?
A little later today than usual - But I reckon it's good to change patterns and expectations sometimes, being a creature of habit simply doesn't suit this gal!
We have a busy weekend in the garden planned in Baile Mheiriceá. I'm sooo excited about our new little addition that will be arriving next week and will need a nice spot out there, all will be revealed!
In the meantime I am enjoying my Friday evening sitting with the glowing flame of the stove in my sights, a beer by my side and John Creedon on airwaves - Happy days.
Whatever you are up to this friday evening, here is hoping it brings libations and relaxation galore.