Each Friday, I will endeavor to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- Do you want to work toward zero waste in your kitchen, here are 5 steps that may help.
- We can learn a lot from what is going on around the world, this Sustainable Food Centre model in Austin, Texas is an innovative community led initiative that looks at food system changes.
- I'm really liking the look of this new book from Tom Hunt.
- I love all things to do with cartography and with food - So food maps were only ever going to be a hit with me.
- Take a look at this flower art work by Kathy Klein - So pretty.
- For all of you photographer's out there, here is a lovely competition to celebrate the International year of family farming, with the title: Family Farming, Feeding the World, caring for the earth.
- A walk through video of one of my most favourite shops in Galway - McCambridge's.
- I little bit of self promotion - I was in one of our national newspapers last week without realising it until the local shop keeper informed me - Here I am growing my own!
What is it that they say about March 'It can come in like a lamb and depart like a lion' or something like that. Well so far it is living up to this phrase - After a spell of lovely high pressure and warm bright spring weather, we are now back to wind, cold and hail, back on with the thick socks and lighting the wood stove at midday.
A few pictures from our St. Patrick's Day - it began with the water diviner on site working his magic - It appears I will be getting out my pail for the well in the not too distant future! Ada took part in her first parade, which she found very loud and scary - but did like the santa with the green outfit!