Each Friday, I will endeavor to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- If you are a fan of Coca Cola, you probably shouldn't read this!
- This year's line up for the Westport Festival of Music & Food is looking good, I haven't been, but this year am definitely going to check out their food area - And maybe throw a few shapes in the process.
- Whilst we are talking about festivals, this is another beauty - Ballymaloe is famous for many things, this festival, only in it's second year, is proving to be yet another wonder to emerge from the country house in Co. Cork.
- Check out these impressive Images of manufactured landscapes.
- Howl like the wolves - Watch this video and discover the amazing power of nature and how Wolves can alter the course of rivers!
- A very interesting historical account from Modern Farmer about old time farm crimes - the Opium Wars of 1839.
- Slow Food International have elected a new vice president, Ugandan Edie Mukiibi.
- If you have a 12 year old, pre-teen or teenager at home, show them this - Henry Miller is a 12 year old who lives on an Island, makes bows, arrows, forges knives, carves boats and tans hides - sure to inspire the children and maybe the adults in your home.
Greetings from a blustery Baile Mheiriceá, I have just taken a batch of scones out of the oven, lit the wood fire stove and put on a pot of coffee to brew - It's a nice comforting way to begin a Friday. Micheál and I had a rare evening out last night, just to the local hotel for a bite to eat and the local pub afterwards, I am obviously loosing my touch because two hot whiskey's later coupled with not hitting the bed until midnight, leaves me feeling the need for a little comfort!
- My week also started off very comforting - Every Monday morning I have a beautiful commute through the heart of connemara to get to my yoga class. This Monday, watching the fog rising over the lakes and mountains was just spectacular, the beauty of this landscape never ceases to amaze me.