Each Friday (or therabouts)! I will endeavor to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- Water is the new oil.
- I'm loving this recipe for apple and olive oil cake.
- Here are some handy tips for you if you do a regular grocery shop.
- Vertical farming is here to stay, lets spread the word and become better aquainted with the notion.
- Slow Food Ireland present Wild & Slow, and it is happening in Wicklow next weekend.
- Around this time of the year there are always birthdays in our house, as well as the upcoming Christmas holidays, for these reasons, I tend to find myself thinking about books and possible gift books a lot.
- Because I love this time of the year...
- Looking for autumnal cocktail ideas - Here are 30 of them.
- I am rediscovering Pinterest, after joining some time ago - And am finding lots of inspiration here.
Yesterday I hosted the second meeting of the "Apothecary Club' - There is nothing quite like spending a day in the seductive surrounds of a warm cosy kitchen (the oven was on from morning until evening for the slow roasted apple butter), immersed in your private simple world of roasted peanut and apple butter, pumpkin and turnip soup and herbs and spices.
...And the evening only improved, as people arrived and we gathered to make Fire Cider over hot cups of tea and freshly baked sweet treats that had been brought along - An ideal way to spend a wet and windy Samhain.