Each Friday, I will endeavor to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- A few tips on how you can help stop and solve the problem of food waste in 2014.
- If like me, you have become a little obsessed with instagram and especially like viewing pretty pictures of food, here are suggestions for the ten top food instagram accounts to follow in 2014.
- I came across this trailer for a film that has been produced in the USA about Urban Farming, It looks great and I can't wait to see the full feature. Well Done to all involved.
- Freedom - What does it look like to you. Find out what it looks like to Astronaut Col. Chris Hadfield amongst others.
- The Food Safety Authority in the UK has taken a sensible approach to the selling regulations of Raw Milk, will the Irish Food Safety Authority follow suit?
- Natural and artificial flavours - You might be surprised to know that food labs use approximately 2000 chemicals to create 500 'natural' flavours!
- This really does look like a 'darn good sandwich'.
- I LOVE cheese, which is why I love walking into this cheesemongers and savouring the smells and sights.
- As I am a little focused on the sea this week, I thought I may as well share my favourite salt with you, harvested on beautiful Achill Island.
The Sea The Sea, one of my favourite books, written by Iris Murdoch. On a wet and windy Friday it is a pleasure to be beside the sea and admire her, in all her powerful force - Oh yes, destructive she can be but in equal parts magnificent in so many ways; Like many of nature's gifts, we must respect her and accept that we cannot control nature's force.
'The sea: turbulent and leaden; transparent and opaque; magician and mother.'