Each Friday, I will endeavor to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- Éric Tourneret is a photographer - his speciality are Bees.
- Urban Agriculture provides 20% of the worlds food production and there are an estimated 800 million people involved in growing in urban centers, this is according to the International Water Management Institute (IWMI) which has been leading an effort to support urban agriculture in cities.
- 100 websites you should know and use - According to TED.
- This is an interesting article from the Daily Meal, America's most powerful people in food for 2014.
- A beautiful video from Sweeden that packs a powerful message about chemical farming, brought to us from Gröna Gårdar / Green Gardens.
- The Starlings are dancing again, I came across this amateur video, filmed this week in the midlands.
- Feeling a little stressed or have the January blues? Check out these calming foods.
- I LOVE this - Eating with locals whilst abroad. I have expressed my opinion before on the pleasures and power of sitting around a table and sharing food with others and the memories and relationships that can be forged, by the act of enjoying a simple meal in good company. Find out how you could participate.
- Oh yes, another way to use up those pumpkins I have lying around, I can't wait till 5pm!
I have been devouring 'Feast - A Dinner Journal' this week. An Irish quarterly publication celebrating seasonal lrish food. The magazine was the brainchild of Donal Skehan. The idea is simple, a meal is prepared from Irish sourced and seasonal ingredients and is enjoyed in a unique setting. The main content of the journal focuses and celebrates the people behind the food used. A thoughtful concept and visually beautiful publication. Get yourselves out there and pick one up, a bargain at €3.99. You can also view Feast online. Well Done all at 'Feast'.