Each Friday, I will endeavour to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing!
- For anyone interested in food and sustainability and still enjoy the feel of a good book in their hands, there are 5 suitably themed classics recommended here
- Food Waste - The food the world wastes accounts for more greenhouse gas emissions than any country except for China and the United States, the UN said in a report on Wednesday. They believe that A THIRD, yes A THIRD of all food produced is wasted!
- This is a great resource to help us cut our Food Waste. START TODAY, WE CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!
- There is plenty going on around the country this weekend, these are just a few that caught my eye. If you are in the Midlands you could go here, the Southeast here or back in the West a bit of permaculture might get you motivated.
- A new restaurant opened up in Galway this week! Get yourselves in there and check it out.
- And on a completely different note, I just love these leaf faces.
This week was a busy one - I don't mind busy weeks when they close with a sense of satisfaction and achievement though. It's a nice way to round things off.
The evenings are getting a little shorter every day and the temperature a little cooler. We sparked up the wood burner here for the first time in months this week. Which led to the annual conundrum of what to burn most efficiently and where to get it - I will return to this issue in more detail at a later date!
Wherever you may be this week end, here is hoping that you will have enough fuel to heat your thóin as these long autumnal and winter evenings draw in.