Each Friday, I will endeavour to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- I discovered this week that Jamie Oliver has made McDonalds change their recipe's for hamburgers, after he highlighted that they were un-fit for human consumption.
- Did you know that two-fiths of fruit and vegetables are wasted because they are ugly - I kid you not.
- If you are looking for something to do tonight, Culture Night is your answer.
- Or if mushroom picking takes your fancy - Here is an International Festival with walks, talks, cookery demonstrations, and more. Two family fun filled fungi days!
- I really want a 'Lizzy Belle'.
A beautiful Harvest Moon last night and a Third birthday in the house today. What a great way to finish the week!
Before the festivities begin, the parents are going to spend the first half of the day relaxing, yoga and beach combing is at the top of the list, along with a little craft fair shopping and a bite of something tasty to eat. The plan is that we will be suitably rejuvenated and ready for the afternoon and evening's celebrations. Anyone that knows me well, will know that I am always up for a party…of any kind, so not that much preparation is really needed!
Keeping in the spirit of all things blackberry this week, I made a blackberry sponge birthday cake, which looks delicious, i'll keep you posted!
I can hardly wait to crank up the BBQ, we will light a fire, play games, draw pictures, swap stories, feast, laugh and maybe even dance a little - all in celebration of our beautiful girl's first three years.
…I have a sneaking suspicion that my three year old daughter doesn't get her love and aptitude for parties from the wind.