The harvest is underway. The days are getting shorter, the colours of the landscape are hues of russet reds and bronze. You can sense and feel the transition of the seasons. The sun sits a little lower in the sky and your breadth appears in front of you when out rambling early in the morning.
All these magical hints to signal that the on-set of Autumn is upon us.
I usually sit back and observe this seasonal shift with pleasure. This year I am making more of a hands on contribution. To assist me, I have decided to pen monthly garden to-do lists. Please feel free to share these and exchange notes.
I'm sure there will be a lot of trial and error.
- Plant more Brussels Sprouts
- Plant Winter Cabbage & Garlic
- Cut off and harden the larger Pumpkins & Squash
- Harvest the beetroot & remaining tomatoes
- Dig another ridge and sew green manure
- Mushroom Picking
- Can & Preserve the Summer!
What am I looking forward to most? Congregating around the table and tasting the treasures that our land has to offer.
If you have any further tips, please feel free to get in touch here