Each Friday, I will endeavour to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- The 16 year old Pakistani Human Rights activist Malala Yousafzai has been nominated for the Nobel Laureate Peace Prize, this is one of the reasons why.
- We should all become familiar with Wendell Berry, farmer, poet, novelist and environmental legend.
- Thanks to Aiobheann of Ard Bia for introducing us to this man.
- Do you give a shit about nature?
- If you haven't checked out Open House Galway Architectural Festival yet, all you Galwegians - Do, you have 2 days left.
- Our Food Waste Footprint.
- The next time I try to come up with an excuse for not creating new knits - because of errands and children and housework, I'm going to take another look at this blog post!
- This is part of my Interior re-vamp inspiration.
This Friday I am busy! Oh yes - I decided yesterday to embark on an Autumn interior clean out and re-arrange. So as I write this, the rugs are rolled, CD's are in stacks around the house, there are pictures waiting to be hung, cloths and bowls of soapy water stand dotted about the place and my trusty old cleaning companion - bread soda, is strewn on floors surfaces and walls - Let the cleaning continue!
When you finally get the energy and motivation to turn your home upside down, the final result is always worth it. There is something highly therapeutic about the job at hand, It's more than just cleaning and changing your surroundings. Once the task is complete you can stand and take in the sum of your work, for me it is never just the home that feels new and refreshed and cleared of clutter - It is my whole being.