Each Friday, I will endeavour to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- An interesting article about a woman, from a very privileged background and home that resembles 'Downton Abbey', using her opportunities' and station in life to learn about farming and permaculture - In the company of Daryl Hannah. She is now applying her new tools of the trade on the family Estate, which has been farmed in the same way for hundreds of years. More power to her!
- 'Hello Compost' Exchanging compost and food waste for local healthy food, sounds like a good idea to me.
- On the subject of food waste. In Denmark today it is 'United Against Food Waste' day. Industry, consumers and government all working in solidarity to tackle the issue of food waste
- Loving this, It's all about the seed, why we should germinate and why Seeds matter!
- …And on something completely different, for all the Galway folk out there, This weekend get yourself down to the first ever Galway Bake Fest, in association with ACT for Meningitis. A feast of baked goods and demo's. If you're not a baking enthusiast today you surely will be by Sunday.
- For those in the South West of the country, the Dingle Food Festival, is packed full of Workshop's, Demo's, Taste Trails, Wine Tasting and a Market, all kicking off tonight.
This week we had another Birthday (2 years); An epic syrup making session in the kitchen; Experiments with cocktails and a new Month, my favorite month of the year - Birthday's, Halloween' and Pumpkins, What more could you want in a month?
The weather is kind of balmy - Yes in the west of Ireland at the beginning of October, hard to believe but true - Very little rain, mild days and red skies of an evening, A glorious start to a great month!